Running with the Spanish


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
June 26th 2007
Published: June 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well guys, Im gonna start this off by saying sorry. I know I promised you all great stories and all that shit weekly... but you know its soo hard to get these things done. We have had no time... and the internet has been so exspensive it just hasnt been worth it. SOOOO here Im gonna write all of them, so now your gonna get like 3 new entries... and you will have a lot of catching up to do. So here it goes.

For our first adventure we took a flight to Madrid in Spain from Bristol. We had no idea what to expect or how we were going to take any of it but I have to say it was soo good. The people we so polite. I couldnt believe it. Almost everywhere people spoke fluent english.. or enough to get by with you. We spent some good time in the sun walking from one side of Madrid to the other. We got some good sights in, but never really met too many people. I found that in the hostels there people didnt give you much time. For Alex we found girls couldnt be fucked to waste their time talking to her, nor me. It was kind of a bring down. We went for a tour of the Palacio Real. It was a massive palace, and every room was decorated to the tits. We couldnt get any pictures of the inside of it for you, so sorry you dont get to see what Im talking about, but Im sure you will hear all about it when I get home. We also took a tour of an art museum. It was supose to be the second best or something in Europe... but I could only really put up with being in a Museum for about an hour before I got bored. For one day we took a train to a little town called Toledo. The town was set uptop a hill... which I have to say was shit for walking in the sun. Even more so because we were use to the England weather. But if you want to get a taste of Real spanish culture, this really a good place to check out. We went for a tour of a crazy cathedral. Then after our four days had passed, it was time to go visit the sister in Barcelona. Here was a lot different then Madrid. You could deffinatly tell you had crossed into more of a city. We didnt do too much of the night life, but our hostel was right by the water so we spent some good time walking by the beach. We saw some amazing buildings done by a guy named Gaudi, and some some other cathedrals that are nothing but amazing.

Sorry guys... but this is just part one... haha. I will try to make it shorter on the next one.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb