Alcala de Henares, NE of Madrid 9 Sept 2013


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Alcalá de Henares
September 11th 2013
Published: September 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Alcala de Henares, NE of Madrid 9 Sept 2013

After leaving Segovia we drove about 150 kms to get to Alcala de Henares which is NE of Madrid, via Madrid’s ring route. We arrived about 5.00pm so drove around the town to have a general look around. We saw a very long strip of sport facilities and there were cars everywhere. We found there were numerous competition and club training on – tennis, soccer, indoor hockey, to name a few.

We drove to a dead end and thought that this would be a great place to free-camp as there were no camping parks in the area. We found there were lots of exercise being done up and down the road.

We had dinner at the camper. There were stacks of police around so we thought there was a ‘sting’ on as they were definitely looking for someone. After dinner, we got on our bikes and went into the city centre carrying our GPS.

We discovered a lot of walking malls with many table and chairs for dining. The gardens were beautiful and the city looked lovely under lights. We stopped for coffee, wandered around the streets more, admiring the town and then headed for ‘home’.

The street we had parked on was almost deserted so it was quiet except for a few people still out for their evening stroll. We were woken the next morning by people out for their morning exercise so we got going and headed for the eastern coast of Spain via Tarancon to Valencia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb