Alcalá de Henares
Background: Spain's powerful world empire of the 16th and 17th centuries ultimately yielded command of the seas to England. Subsequent failure to embrace the mercantile and industrial revolutions caused the country to fall behind Britain, France, and Germany in economic and political power. Spain remained neutral in World Wars I and II, but suffered through a devastating civil war (1936-39). In the second half of the 20th century, Spain has played a catch-up role in the western international community; it joined the EU in 1986. Continuing challenges include Basque Fatherland and Liberty (ETA) terrorism and further reductions in unemployment.
Photos from Alcalá de Henares
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Alcalá de Henares
Latest Blogs from Alcalá de Henares
- June 14th 2012 Wild things at home
by Words: 301 Photos: 0
- June 12th 2012 An Afternoon in Alcalá
by Words: 530 Photos: 0
- June 11th 2012 Poorly Executed Plans
by Words: 208 Photos: 0
- June 7th 2012 City of Cs
by Words: 810 Photos: 0
- May 2nd 2009 Toledo 14/04-15/04
by Words: 22 Photos: 19
- November 17th 2008 Alcala De Henares
by Words: 318 Photos: 6
- November 9th 2007 2 stories from 2 food categories!
by Words: 812 Photos: 0
- January 26th 2006 ¡Me gusta el fútbol!
by Words: 1142 Photos: 0
- January 22nd 2006 Let's Sleep All Day and Party All Night!
by Words: 1475 Photos: 0
- January 19th 2006 Soy estudiante
by Words: 2122 Photos: 9
- January 14th 2006 Saturday Night Fever
by Words: 1005 Photos: 15
- January 12th 2006 La Vida de la Noche
by Words: 743 Photos: 11
- January 10th 2006 Arizonans Go Exploring
by Words: 1070 Photos: 11
- January 9th 2006 A Room with a View
by Words: 1121 Photos: 10
- January 8th 2006 Romance Standard Time
by Words: 862 Photos: 0
- January 7th 2006 ¡Bienvenida a España!
by Words: 570 Photos: 0