Spain – Salou Cosra Daurada


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Tarragona
January 16th 2010
Published: January 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 16.1.210 day 94
Spain - Salou Cosra Daurada
We had a good sleep in and then headed to the Roman part of Tarragona. There was settlement in the region by the 5th century BC, the Romans up a military base in 218 BC and over the next 200 years the entire Iberian Peninsula was conquered from this base. In the 2nd century BC a great wall was built around the city. The wall was original 3,500 meters today 1,100 meters remains and we got to see a lot of this it still forms part of buildings that are in use today including the coffee shop that we had coffee at in the local forum. It was the hub of the daily life in Roman times and still is today. While we where there was a farmers marked there and we got lots of locally grown fruit, vegies and eggs we even got some that we had never seen before just to try. Then we went to the super market and got the rest of our groceries for the week and headed to our resort for the week. Unfortunately we were given bad directions to the resort so it took us two hours to find it. Once we checked in and got all our things in we cooked venison steaks and fresh veggies for dinner it was fantastic I have never had venison before. We then had a spar in our own bathroom how nice. It was great weather again today it got up to about 22 c.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb