Skydiving!!!!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Girona » Figueres
May 18th 2009
Published: May 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We had been watching the skydivers for a few days from the campsite, so decided to investigate.
Rode our bikes over to the aerodrome. It was quite busy, lots of young dudes with jumpsuits and cool shades.

We waited for the next plane to take off and settled on the small stadium seating area. We looked around and wondered where they would land. There seemed to be a large, blue airbed type thing over in the distance. Perhaps they landed there?!

A guy with a walkie talkie seemed to be in contact with the plane. He heard us talking and as he was English he started up a conversation with the children. He said he would give us a two minute warning until landing time.

We gazed up at the sky but still no sign of them. Next a whoosh and a gush of air and oh my, one is coming into land, not on the blue mat but right in front of us! We instinctly ducked as he was directly above us. It was a shock to have them so close. It was quite exhilarating to watch them. Of course we had forgotten the camera!

We
Skydivers 010Skydivers 010Skydivers 010

Coming into land.
went back on Saturday, it was even busier. Lots of tandem jumps today. The atmosphere was really exciting as friends and family had come to cheer on the tandem jumpers. Even more young men in jumpsuits having a beer! It made you feel like having a go yourself. Brian was getting quite excited.

So we thought, yes lets join them, lets go for it! So we Did!

We headed to the bar and joined in with a beer each! It was great!!!

Last full day in Spain today. Quite sad to leave here. Will miss the hoopoo birds and the small parrots.
The morning has been spent taking down the awning, washing clothes. Yes we have to do domestics too!

Really hot again today so may head to the beach later. We are heading back up to France tomorrow. Found a campsite in Cote-Ouest, called Californie-Plage......

Lets hope it's such a lovely place!!!

xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Skydivers 011Skydivers 011
Skydivers 011

Great job Bri!!!!!!!!!!!!
Skydivers 015Skydivers 015
Skydivers 015

And another.
Skydivers 004Skydivers 004
Skydivers 004

One of the many waterways.
Dali museum @ FigueresDali museum @ Figueres
Dali museum @ Figueres

I took a trip in on Sunday.


18th May 2009

I was about to be wildly impressed while all the time not quite believing it!! Pictures of museum boring!! Can we please see some smiley pics. Spain sounds like fun, hope not too difficult getting back to working for a living again. Miss u all xxx

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb