The story you tell when you want to have sex!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
April 14th 2006
Published: September 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Woohoo a mini holiday to Barcelona, I didn’t think I’d be able to sleep before going to the airport as I had to leave my house at 11:30pm but I managed a couple of hours, considering it was Easter bank holiday weekend it wasn’t that busy at the airport. When we checked into our hotel it was early morning, I was very impressed by the hotel it was very art deco, we didn’t know where to go so got a cab to the Gothic quarter, we had a walk around the cathedral and then down La Rambla.

We decided to get a hop on hop off bus ticket, we stayed on the bus and took pictures from the top of most things but got off at Sagrada Familia, it was breath taking and it is still an unfinished master piece. We got back on the bus and didn’t get off again until the National Palace, after a little walk around there we went back to our hotel and got a bottle of champagne before heading out for dinner unfortunately dinner was rubbish but we’d had an awesome day.

The initial plan for the following day was to go inside Sagrada Familia and then to Mount Tibidabo however the queue for Sagrada Familia was huge so we went straight to the tram to take us to Tibidabo, after the tram was a cable cart even higher up the mountain, when we got to the top I was shocked it was so beautiful, it even had a little amusement park for kids. I had never even heard of Mount Tibidao until I heard it mentioned on Friends (I love that show) but as it was mentioned in 'The story you tell when you want to have sex' I had to go and I'm glad I did. After that we visited La Pedrera and then went to Sagrada Familia and went inside, inside it’s absolutely awe inspiring. Dinner tonight was at the Hard Rock Cafe, you always know you’re going to get good food and big portions there, there was a little bit of a language barrier which resulted in Nikki getting the wrong meal but other than that it was pretty good.

The following day was supposed to be the day I was going to the Nou Camp to watch Barcelona play Villareal, I could not wait as my team (Arsenal) was going to be playing one of these teams in the next round of the European cup, however I didn’t realise the match had been rescheduled to two days earlier, I’m such an idiot. So we made our way to Plaza Catalunya and took a walk along La Rambla, it was nice and sunny by the time we got to the port so we sat outside at one of the restaurants and had lunch. After a very nice (but expensive) lunch we went for a walk along the beach, there were people sunbathing topless and we had jeans and t-shirts on, lol. After getting slightly burnt faces we went back to the hotel and had another bottle of champagne whilst getting ready, we forgot that it was Easter Sunday and so when we eventually got out of the hotel most restaurants were closed, luckily we managed to get a table at Pizza Manzano.

After a lay in we had breakfast and packed our bags, it was the end of our mini adventure, we took a walk around Plaza Catalunya & La Rambla one last time before getting on a cruise around the coast and port, it was freezing today. We went on a cable cart and as we were inside it started to rain outside, by the time we got out of the cable cart it was pouring down and we got caught in it and soaked, then to the airport like drowned rats we went, we both had an excellent weekend.



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 36; qc: 139; dbt: 0.1259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb