Barcelona 2010: Monday


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
March 22nd 2010
Published: May 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Monday we headed to Placa Catalunya and Las Ramblas. I don't get this street. It is all tourists so why are they selling animals and birds? Well, the flowers were pretty. Although we had read the numerous warnings about pickpockets here, we felt as safe as anywhere else we have travelled. As you can tell by our photos, there is nothing about us that suggests money.

Our main goal was to eat lunch at the Boqueria, and that was fun. We ate at Pinoxo's, good food and service, and I helped out fellow clients who did not speak Spanish. It was also fun to wander the market -
like a giant farmer's market.

There is a cool dragon sculpture along the way and the Miro tiles.

We hit a few little placas and headed up to the music palace where we had tickets for a 2 pm guided tour. No interior photos, but it's beautiful inside. Then we walked over to the Arch of Triumph and down that street to Parc Ciutadella, which is gorgeous, and along the waterfront to the Columbus monument. Pat went to the top but I stayed down and admired the panels depicting big moments in his life. Then we headed home - early evening by now, and a big day tomorrow.

Overall this was a good day in spite of the clouds and occasional rain.


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Pat in a side placaPat in a side placa
Pat in a side placa

This is the one where some streetlamps were designed by Gaudi


7th July 2010

les rambles
Les Rambles were the traditional place where flowers and little animals were sold, ages before the first tourists arrived to Barcelona.... so these stalls are not there for the tourists, but despite their presence. :-)

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb