Barcelona 2010: Saturday


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
March 20th 2010
Published: May 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

SAturday morning we walked up to Sagrada Familia but just took pictures of the outside. The lines were already long to enter and since it was just a few blocks from our apartment we figured we'd get back another day. It's really impressive even on the outside!

Next we walked all the way to another Gaudi masterpiece, La Pedrera. It was nice and sunny while we walked around on the roof. Pat was very interested in all the use of natural light. We just walked by the other Gaudi house that costs more to enter, and then back to our apartment to pack a lunch.

We weren't sure where we could catch a bus to Parc Guell so we walked back to the Gaudi houses where we had seen bus stops for bus 24. It drops you off right at the park entrance. WE didn't go in the main entrance, but a side one, so we were in the back, hilly part of the park first. WE wandered around enjoying the views and then found a spot to have our picnic. Then we headed to the serpentine bench and all the other highlights of this fun park.

WE took the metro back to the area around the Magic Fountain and waited for the show to begin. It was a festive atmosphere, really fun. The sound, light and water made for a great show.
Everyone was in an upbeat mood, it was fun to be a part of this. WE took the metro home.

The Barcelona metro is very clean, efficient and safe. The cars seem roomier than Paris or other cities we've been in because they have fewer seats and more standing room. Also the interiors are light colored.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Parc GuellParc Guell
Parc Guell

This the back of the park


2nd May 2010

I enjoyed your Barcelona post and photos! It reminded me of my own trip to Spain and how much I loved it there! My blog is looking for travel photos, tips, etc, to share. If you have the time, check it out at dirty-hippies.blogspot.com, or email me at dirtyhippiesblog@gmail.com. Continued fun on your travels, and good luck avoiding the long lines at the sights! Heather :)

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb