On the way back - Stage 1


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
May 21st 2008
Published: May 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Travel day today. Woke up early - beautiful day so laid all our stuff outside on the ground and packed from there—not a lot of room inside the van. There was a lot more volume so had to expand the blue case! Cleaned out the van and took off with Sandy - our trusty computer navigator leading the way - except the road had been fixed up and was new so she had us the middle of paddocks and couldn’t tell us which of the next two turns was ours - so we guessed and headed off down the motorway in the opposite direction to where we were going. Quick turn around at the next exit and away we went. At our final exit off the motorway, we mistook the roads, had to drive another 5 km, turn around and drive 5 km back then got that turn wrong as well--the navigator was fine; it was the highly intelligent brains that got it wrong at a very complicated exit ramp. Flew to Barcelona on Air Berlin which was excellent, and in familiar surroundings now went back Hostal Goya. Went out to dinner - to celebrate our wedding anniversary at a little restaurant. Alison had Gazpacho soup, pork, and then Catalan Creme brulee which they served in a huge plate, and I had a catalan sausage and sauted beans and tiramisu - all of which was very ethnic and yummy in a very busy, but nice restaurant. We arrived at 9pm and it was quiet but by the time we left it was packed—they must do the Greek thing here and eat late, the Losec sales will be high!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb