Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » Barcelona
September 12th 2011
Published: September 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Agbar TowerAgbar TowerAgbar Tower

Agbar Tower - Diagonal Av.
Moving into Europe, the next stop is Barcelona...

For me (don't get me wrong!) and comparing to other cities I've visited, Barcelona is one of the most beautiful and cosy places in Europe and definetly, until now, the one I would choose to live... perhaps in a near future I'll move...

It's an European city like many others, with it's own culture, monuments, attractions and sightseeings... It has a rail system, expensive avenues, traditional neighbourhoods, an olympic village and rush hour, like any other European city... It's hard to explain why is it so different from London or Paris, but once you go there, you can feel it in the air...

You can live in a quiet neighbourhood in the surroundigs, or in a square like Plaza de La Catalunya, right in the middle of the city and enjoy it's restaurants, shopping and night life in "Las Ramblas"...

The city is facing the Mediterranian Sea and most of the days are sunny. You can visit Barcelona in a day, and get to experience a lot... From the historic neighbourhoods - "Barrios" - like Barrio Gotico and the Gaudi Village - where you get to see the monuments
Casa Gaudi BatloCasa Gaudi BatloCasa Gaudi Batlo

Gaudi's House (monument)
from the spanish architect Antoni Gaudi, like the Sagrada Familia and Gaudi's House, to the crowded and multicultural avenues - Las Ramblas - where you can shop, eat and enjoy many street atractions and shows and also one of Europe's best night life...

Barcelona also offers you the chance to enjoy two different kinds of leisure - beach and snow!

From about 1h journey by car in one direction you have the Golden Coast - "Costa Dorada" - where you can enjoy Spain's best mediterranean beaches and food in Tarragona, or you can go north, to the Pyrinees (about 2h journey) and Ski in more than 40 resorts!

Let's not forget one of the recent tourist attractions - most for sport lovers - that you should not miss when visiting Barcelona: watching a FC Barcelona football game!

The most spoken languange it's Catalan - one of Spain's co-official languages - but everybody understands Spanish (Castellano) and English too.

It's hard to put it in words, but the feeling is common: everybody loves Barcelona!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

La Sagrada FamiliaLa Sagrada Familia
La Sagrada Familia

Gaudi's La Sagrada Familia


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb