Day 10 Bordeaux FR to San Sebastián SP


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » San Sebastián
June 15th 2014
Published: June 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We arose early so we could eat breakfast before we had to have our bags outside our cabin for the crew to take them to the staging area. Katell arranged for a cab at 9am to take us to the bordeaux st jean gare (train) station. He dropped us right at the car rental side of the station. Unfortunately it's Sunday and they open at 10am so we had to stand outside and wait. I was annoyed we were so early but by 9:30 there were probably 30 people in line and we were #2. All thanks to Jim wanting to be there early, Yeah, so glad he insisted we get there early.

The agent gave us a really nice Opal SUV and to top it off the numbers on the license plate is 077!!! That's it.... It is a sign that this drive is meant to be! (Our home address is 77). We left Avis at 10:30 and drove easily out of the city of bordeaux and got on the highway for the 210 kilometers drive (130 miles). It is a beautiful day and we made it to San Sebastián and found our hotel the Hotel de Londres y de Inglaterra by 1pm. So far so good.

We arrived at the hotel to early for check in so we went to the lounge and grabbed a light lunch and looked out at the beautiful sea view. Then we decided to return the rental car so we dropped it off and walked back to our hotel via the long lovely board walk. Several women were sunning themselves topless! We stopped a couple of times along the walk to sit and enjoy the sea and all the activities.

We walked all the way down the boardwalk and returned to our hotel and discovered our sea view room was ready. We came up to our room on the 2nd floor (the ground floor is "0"). Our room is lovely with a balcony and a gorgeous view of the bay. Sunset was spectacular and we are relaxed and enjoying this leg of our journey to the Basque country of Spain.



Happy Father's Day Jim,


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb