OLA SAN SEBASTIEN!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » San Sebastián
June 22nd 2006
Published: June 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

olaaa!!! estamos em Espana! well we left Bordeaux at 9 am this morning to go to IRUN. We got to to Irun and realized we were now true backpackers! there we were with our big backpacks on and no where planned to go... there were so many people with backpacks from all over the world! So we ended up getting a train ticket for tonight to go on an overnight train to LISBON getting there tomorrow morning. We decided to spend the day in San Sebastien, so we jumped on the next train (gotta love the europass) and we´re spending the day here. WOW SPAIN IS AMAZING!!! too bad it´s cloudy out cause the beach is beeeaaauutifull. So after walking around the beach (and getting my pants all wet in the ocean ... thanks to ian .. lol) we had lunch at a cafe by the beach.... ahhhh 2 cervezas porfavor! y una sucre de laranga. (probably not spelling any of that right but my spanish is good enough for them to understand .. and for us to get around) and now we´re here at an internet cafe.
So.. story about how random and amazing this whole experience is .... last night we head out downtown bordeaux .. and all of a sudden we´re in the middle of a mini carnival! it was the city´s annual music festival and we ended up at the biggest party downtown --- LATIN FIESTA! huge stage of MC´s and huge speakers with amazing music and everyone dancing .. too bad we didnt have our camera but you can just imagine the good times had!
So we are heading to LISBON tonight and we will arrive there tomorrow morning and staying at a family friends´house for the weekend. hopefully we´ll have a chance to get on again real soon and update you all on tudo!
remember to watch the BRASIL game tonight! (we will unfortunately be on a train so we cant)
love to you all! xoxox ian and karla

Advertisement



23rd June 2006

OI Kaka e Ian, estou lendo seu diario.!!!! Ou melhor todo mundo esta.Quero ver vc brigar comigo (como vc fez no Brasil ) rsrsrs .Eu estou me divertindo com o seu espanhol. Boa viajem .Brasil ganhou 4 X1 obaaaaaaaaaaa.Tem Carnaval . bjos tia thanya
23rd June 2006

Glad to hear that you two are having a killer time in Europe. Sounds like everything is going smoothly (minus the bomb threat). Make sure you're taking alot of pictures and cherishing this great oppurituity to experience all the different cultures on the other side of the world. (Karla, I want to see "the" picture with the backpack we talked about in your next entry) Take Care. Mark
24th June 2006

awesome!
Heh Karla and Ian GREAT to see the pix - I showed you off to my staff today! You look sooo happy, eventho. you're tired! So are you skipping Madrid completely? I love this and you xo Mom
26th June 2006

Hehehe!
Hey Farla! Hope all is well and u received my email also! Im keeping up with ur blogs and they are fantastic! Hope you and Ian are exploring lots! Keep up that espanol lingo...hehe! Missing ya tons! and i have no clue about europe geography so laugh at me if im totally off, but if u go near belgium...have a hogaarden!!! Happy early BDay hun!!!

Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb