Bilbao-Castro Urdiales


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » Bilbao
May 13th 2009
Published: May 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It was a really cloudy day for our stop in Bilbao but the day was still enjoyable nonetheless. We didn't have a chance to stop but passed the Guggenheim museum along the way to the Casco Viejo - old town area. I felt like one of those ridiculous tourists who becomes trigger happy pointing and clicking at anything that comes along my way. We wandered through old town and sadly I didnt' really listen to the guide's explanation of the Cathedral and spent most of my time with my nose pressed against the shop windows drooling over Spanish made shoes (Campers, Hispanitas, Pikolinos, the list goes on...).

The second stop on our tour was to Castro Urdiales - a cute fishing village/town complete with a gothic style church (and flying buttresses no less). The waterfront area was lined with bar/taverns offering tapas & beverages.

The port itself was located at the suburb area of Getxo. Most of the boats docked here were for personal use and I was pleasantly surprised there were beautiful mansions with manicured gardens overlooking the waterfront.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



13th May 2009

Jealous!
Looks like a great trip so far. Glad you made it across the Atlantic, even if you are a few pounds heavier. Walking, really? Just kidding. Have a great time on the rest of your stops. Hugs.

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb