Cadiz!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Aragon
September 18th 2010
Published: September 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Today we took a day trip to Cadiz. Cadiz is a peninsula on the Atlantic Ocean in the southwest of Spain that is famous for their beaches. It is approximately a 1hr 45min bus ride to get to.

This morning it was overcast, cloudy, and actually a little bit cool for the first time since I have gotten here. But maybe it's just my inexperience at waking up at 7:30am on Saturdays thusfar.

In any case, once we got to the beach we set up shop as a group and grabbed some lunch. It did warm up significantly around 1pm and the sun was shining for the majority of the time following 1pm.

Long story short, the beach was glorious and it was a good time. On the downside, I contracted a mean sunburn despite repeated applications of sunscreen as well as wearing a t-shirt to try and avoid the sun's rays. So now I'm quite red and a little sore, but it was definitely worth it.

***Random Spain Fact of the Day***
All of Spain's beaches allow for topless nudity. This was definitely taken advantage of by some old people and some awkward little kids. Definitely strange.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb