The Way…


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Aragon » Jaca
April 23rd 2014
Published: April 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 3

April 22, 2014

The Way…

It’s a movie, rent it or check it out from your local library.

We wake up and the raining has stopped, Kirsten is first into the showers and I follow right behind.

Oma and Opa are waiting for us in the dining room having breakfast. It’s not to Hedy’s standard. Go figure, the breakfast breads were too hard and no meat or cheese.

We all pile into the car and head north. We’re following one of the 25 famous road trips in Spain. Thanks to Carl for getting us this book. Of course we made a few minor adjustment, suggested by Kirsten.

So were heading due north on A138, in Spain toward the Pyrenees Mountains.

It’s beautiful climbing the up the mountains, the crystal clear rivers are flowing down along the road. The snow-capped mountains are our view as we climb higher and higher.

Our first stop was Ainsa where we stopped for a beer and a bite for lunch at this beautiful mountain top village. Kirsten found the cathedral and it had Gregorio’s chants playing as we walked through. How much closer to God can you possible get?

I thought the Italians had their religion together. Now I’m thinking the Spanish might have them beat. The village around the castle is from the 11th century.

It makes me think what their life was like back then was it basic and hard or simple and real. Either one-I suspect was good.

After a couple hours we climb back into the car and continue our trek through the Pyrenees. Our route took us through the ski village of TORLA. Now I know where Beaver Creek village got their design.

We continued on to the village of JACA. We arrived and we drove around looking for a hotel. Kirsten & Hedy took over finding us a hotel. I dropped them off at the “I” they both went in to get the village and hotel info. When Kirsten returned she had the hotel key and map on how to get there. We pulled up to the hotel and we quickly find out we have to climb 3 flights of stairs. Yea, in addition the hotel is full of young teenagers being young teenagers. It has WIFI and the breakfast meets Hedy’s standard. Oh one last thing… breakfast is served in the other hotel, half a mile away.

I’m happy.

After napping and resting, I need that nap real bad. Around 7:30 PM we get up and head down to the center of town for Tapas. We ask the hotel hostess where she normally eats out; she provided us with her favorite 3 restaurants. After tapas hopping, we were thrilled so much that after taking Oma and Opa back to the hotel room around 9:30 PM, Kirsten and I came out again until 11:30.

WHAT A NIGHT!!!!!!! I think that’s a song.

Good night, I hope you sleep as well as I will tonight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb