Easter in Sevilla!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
April 8th 2012
Published: April 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

April 8-happy easter to us... We slept in until 10am. We got ourselves together and headed directly for mass in the cathedral. The cathedral is so large we actually watched the mass on a tv screen. After getting right with god, we used Amy's guide book to pick a place for brunch and it didn't disappoint. we had a lovely meal on the second floor of a swanky cafe. Our waiter was delightful. Our next stop was alcazar, a moorish palace that is still one of the homes of the royal family. The palace was beautiful and we had to spend large amounts of time taking pictures in the tiled courtyard and gardens. We wandered around the attached park and found a peacock wandering free. The palace was really beautiful and inspiring, so we made a few purchases in the gift shop before surfacing back on the street. In honor of our Lenten fast, we made a stop to have a ceremonial breaking of the fast. Eileen purchased chips, Amy got chocolate, and I got a coke light. We enjoyed our snacks in the shadow of the cathedral. Our next stop was plaza espanya, which was built for the 1929 Iberian American  fair. This is also said to be the inspiration for some of the scenery in Star Wars. After people watching the families out for a Sunday paseo, we wandered thru Maria luzia park on the way to the river. We walked back towards the old city and crossed to have our dinner with a view of the Old City. We all enjoyed the food, except Amy whose Mediterranean salad had more than she bargained for, anchovies and tuna. She called it a fish graveyard. She wasn't able to stomach the salad and the waiter took offense and lectured her on ordering. By the end we were all embarrassed and ready to leave. We wandered back over the bridge and watched dogs swimming in the river. On our path back towards our hotel, we passed an area near the bull fight ring, where folks hang out before and after the bullfight aka tailgating. We wandered thru the neighborhoods on our way back to our hotel. We decided to try to get to bed early in order to break out streak of sleeping in. We were all tucked in by 10:30.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 32; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb