Seville Saturday July 18


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
July 20th 2009
Published: July 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We spent a good part of today exploring the amazing parks near where we are staying- we walked though Jardines de Nurillo and Jardines de Catalia de Ribera. These are very tropical with palms, hibiscus and bougainvillea among other flowers. They are linear and follow a main road. At the end of the park you cross the main road and are at a Metro stop. It seems a bit of a joke as the entire Metro is two stops. They are hoping for a third one soon. We choose to walk across a garden Prado de San Sebastian - well know as where the youth party at night and given it was Saturday morning and you could tell that from the garbage left around.. After crossing the park we arrived at our destination Plaza Espana. It contains a huge semi circular building that has amazing ceramics everywhere including on the fronts of the stairs. I will post pictures soon. We then walked back along the river which was not scenic as you could only see a concrete wall due to construction. Needless to say we needed cold beer ( it was 36 C) and a long siesta.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb