Marbella


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Marbella
July 27th 2012
Published: July 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After arriving in Marbella, we settled into our Pension that we were staying at. It was actually fairly nice, really cheap 2 bed room all to ourselves, with towels, a TV (that we later found out didn´t work), and an air conditioning machine! What a luxury! This was high living to us 😊

Sasha had found out that her dad´s girlfriends´s son Seann, and his girlfriend Sarah were vacationing in Marbella, so we were looking forward to seeing them again. We had stayed with them two nights in Fulham, London so it had been awhile since we had seen them.

Sasha and I decided to take naps before the evening got started, so we slept until about 6, then got ready to meet Sean and Sarah at the Plaza of the Oranges. Marbela is a beautiful little town, smaller than Malaga but it seems more spread out. Anyone and everyone vacations there as well. We spotted Sean and Sarah and headed to the waterfront boardwalk where we found a delicious pizza place, and proceeded to inhale our pizzas and free olives and carrot sticks that we were given. We also introduced Sean and Sarah to Tinto de Verano, Sean was nice to buy the four of us 2 1liter jugs of the stuff. So yummy! After dinner, we walked around for a bit to try and work off our food babies. We then headed to a different bar on the boardwalk and enjoyed a few glasses of wine, before heading to the party area of the town. We ended up at an Irish bar where we were given free shots with our drink. It was soon easy to see what kind of night we were going to be having. We had a blast with Sean and Sarah and had quite a hilarious time at the night club we ended up at. I guess they have booths there that they charge 500 euros for, but because we had been there so long and it was so late, we got to dance in them for free! Sasha ended up having a dance battle with one guy who was spitting some sick moves (haha), and we continued to be given jagerbombs and shots. It was a top night! We headed back around 5/5:30am, only to be distracted by a gigantic elephant outside of a resturaunt! Well, any sensable intoxicated person would just have to climb up this thing, which is percisely what we did. Sean took photos of the 3 of us girls hanging all over this elephant as we laughed and giggled. So much fun. You´d think the party would end there, but we all got in a taxi to head back to the old part of town, and the taxi driver turned up the music and said, ¨taxi un discoteca!!!¨. Let the random taxi dance party begin! After dropping Sarah and Sean off, we finally made our way back to our room and fell asleep fairly quickly. We didn´t end up waking up until about 11am.

Our second day we vowed no more parties, so we took it easy for the day. We went to the beach and rented out one of those umbrellas with lounge chairs underneath, but we couldn´t be bothered to go into the water. A little white after we had been laying out, Sean invited us to their hotel they were staying at to lounge by the pool. We soon headed that way and stayed there for a few hours just laughing about the previous evening´s shenanigans and if we would hopefully see each other later on in our travels. We then headed back to our pension thinking of eating Pallela, but unfortunately the partying had caught up with Sasha. She´s accquired the bad chest cold that I´ve had and am trying to get over, as well as just not feeling too good. We got back to our room and she passed out until about 10:30. I headed to the gas station to get some quality food (not!) for dinner that consisted of a mystery sandwich, nestea and pringles. Unfortunately the mercado wasn´t open so I had to make due. By the time I got back, Sasha was up reading, but we were both fairly tired from our 5 day binger. Were hoping to watch the Olympics but the stupid TV didn´t work at all, so we had to miss it. We´re still hoping to catch them somewhere, but we won´t be able to until we get to Paris hopefully.

After waking up very early for us (no sleeping in!), we headed to the coach station to catch the bus to Sevilla. It was a three hour trip which we slept the whole way!

Will write about Sevilla later, but so far it´s fairly nice. Haven´t done too much exploring as Sasha is stil under the weather, but we are hoping to go to a flamenco show tonight for free! Also, I saw a Starbucks down the street, haven´t had one in ages, I may have to walk down there 😊

Adios!

Advertisement



29th July 2012

Fun!
Sounds like you 2 party animals have been having a lot of exciting evenings. Oh, to choose to stay awake all night! Enjoy. Be safe. love, Mom

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb