Malaga - Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga
May 15th 2011
Published: May 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Easter break is around the corner. The Royal wedding gives everyone in the U.K. to have an unusual extended Easter break at home. While most of them decided to stay at home and patriotically celebrate the Royal wedding in front of the television, we decided to fly to Costa del Sol 'Sunny Coast'. We expect nothing else but sun!

Phoenicians, Roman and Arabs ruled the city over 1000 years and left behind what they could not take away with them. The Christian force purified the region by knocking down mosques and building churches and cathedrals. Those heydays are long gone and the history of those mighty rulers are now limited to some outstanding monuments across the region.

At present, tourists are mainly British arrive in full battalions to overtake the sun-drenched coastal area. Malaga is home to more British tourists than anyone else(This is my calculation).

It was a sunny day and the weather was promising to give us a pleasant stay. By the time we got out of a tube station from nowhere, we realised that we are not prepared enough zero ability to speak the language and no maps to read the city. One or two calculated words did not take us far. We often nodded to locals as if we understood what they said to us.

We decided to take the challenge - Crossing a bridge which ran above the dried Rio Goadalmedina, took us to the edge of the main city centre. We are here with our luggage to visit Museo Picasso Málaga, instead we began loiter around the city and amused by incorporating elements from both Christian and Islamic tradition.

First day in Malaga Centre, no scene of Museo Picasso. We soon realised that there is no point visiting this place without a map.

As the sun sets behind mountain range, we halted our expedition. It is time to find EValencia.

The same train is now taking us the opposite direction to Les Boliches.





Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 19; qc: 98; dbt: 0.1639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb