Sevilla!!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga
March 15th 2009
Published: March 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So I just got back from Sevilla for the weekend...I think it was definitely my favorite city here so far (although I do still like Malaga the best, haha). It was one of the most Spanish looking cities I've ever seen, with a lot of history and a huge cathedral in the middle of the city center that we got to tour. Yesterday was a little tiring because we met up quite early in the morning, and once we got there we did a lot of walking tours, one of them which included climbing a 37 flight tower in the cathedral to see Sevilla from up high. Luckily we got back to the hotel just in time for a hardcore siesta! We went out for dinner at night, and came back with plans to catch up on sleep, but then around 1:00 we decided we weren't tired so we went out instead....the funny thing is even though we didn't get to the club until almost 2 in the morning, the business still didn't start picking up until we had been there for almost an hour. It was some random club called Buddha that we had heard about from other ISA students studying right there, and it was really interesting....there were three different stories and each story was a different type of club with different music.

Today we slept in, and ate way too much at the continental breakfast. I've decided that I really really like continental breakfasts offered by hotels over here - they're really classy and serve a ton of different foods. Plus they have bread, meat, and cheese, so you can sneak out a sandwich for yourself so you don't have to pay for it...muahahha. We've gotten pretty skilled at that here! We also toured around La Plaza de Espana and the city's university, which was beautiful and extremely picturesque. We slept the whole 3 hour ride back....and are still feeling veryyy tiredddd...on the plus side we met some ISA students from Granada there who will be visiting Malaga this weekend, which means more Americans to hang out with!

The weather there was ridiculously warm, which makes me kind of glad that I chose to study in Malaga instead of there, because at least the Mediterranean Sea offsets the warm temperatures over here a little. Things are definitely starting to warm up over here and summer is on its way, so hopefully that means studying will still get done...haha...not that the teachers even seem to care because Friday classes were cancelled because only 2 of us showed up for class and the professor declared lecture time "not worth it". So, we all just went to the beach instead. No complaints there!

Lets see what else has been going on....
Tuesday - catch up and study for exams day
Wednesday - Supposed to be a beach day with Lisa, but we decided it was too windy so we did some shopping and researched some spring break options. Right now we are thinking England, Cadiz, and hopefully Italy, but we'll see what come up with!
Thursday/Friday - Hanging out with Lisa and her friend who came to visit from Sevilla for the weekend!! Kind of funny considering the fact that that's where we went while she came over here

I just found out the 50 bill I received in change from a cafe today is counterfeit and won't be getting accepted anywhere, so I am out 50 euros. Sweet.

I am currently downloading lots of Spanish music!! I'm getting very addicted to it....

Advertisement



10th April 2009

what!!! how the heck did the 50 euro deal-io happen!! :( que lastima!!

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb