MALAGA and NERJA!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga
February 29th 2008
Published: February 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post


HIIIII

I am currently in a Hostel in Malaga, Spain!!!! We just had a friend, Nick kill a bug that looked like two QUARTERS big EWWW i don´t know if i was a cockroach or some other bug! Today we went to the bus stop and got on a bus, then we got off the bus at another bus stop in the park. (tinto de verano, look it up)

Anyways we went to the cathedral store and then the cathedral which was beautifulllL! After we walked down the street and I saw a museum de Santa Ana so we ended up going in! It was a very nice place with many religious statues to look at and a good bathroom that had toilet paper! (not all of them do here) After that we went to the Alcazaba which is like the fortress of the city with a town inside. We did not go all the way to the top (the part that had the town) because we thought it was closed but then later saw people walking down from the area. Bummer! But it was still beautiful and we got to smell sweet orange tree flowers. It was a good time! Afterwards we went to go and eat and i had a TUNA sandwhich and a plate of ¨aceituñas¨ (green olives). From there we went to the Picasso museum and saw some amazing paintings from the famous artist. I learned a bunch and tryed to take it all in, we were there for 3 hours but could have been there for the entire day! There were 12 exhitbits and also a 3 room photography exhitibit with a drawing exhibit at the end. Yet we were a little upset because we didn´t get to take any pictures! only at the entrance where it said what the exhibit was about. After this we got some more ICE CREAM and then stumbled upon the La casa de nacimiento de Picasso---> Picasso´s birth house! Our feet had had enough by now so we walked back to the hostel but picked up some food at the grocery store to keep from spending more money.. we second guessed the fact that we could use the kitchen at our convienece and just got foods that did not need to be cooked. (too bad because we could have actually cooked food for ourselves which would be a change because we can´t do that at our señora´s house.) And that leads me back to the beginning of this entry, hanging out at the hostal drinking some tinto de verano (wine with a little soda added).

Yesterday we went to Nerja. It is on the Costa de Sol along the Mediterranean. The bus ride there started the day off good because the scenery was breathtaking! When we got to Nerja we walked around and stopped at a 4 star hotel to ask directions to the tourist stand. The stand was closed because went February 28th was Andalucia´s holiday. So then we went into little stores found some good buys and took in the city. We went into an Italian restaurant for lunch with great food and fun people around. Then we went to Europa point which over looks the beautiful sea. Then ice cream was on the agenda because i still had not tried it in Spain and it is pretty tasty! We went down to the beach with our icecream and sat for a while and just relaxed! Then some raindrops started to fall but it was not bad really, just sporadic. So we started our trip back to the bus stop and got our tickets home. On the way i snoozed and woke up to a beautiful pink sky! When we got back to Malaga we went BOWLINGGGGGG at the train station because the station looked like a mini Mall of America with so many different things. The bowling alley was very fun, I was not doing to hott until i got a turkey (3 strikes in a row) in the last few frames and brought my score up to 130 😊 Then we went back home and were all pretty tired again! The night life was not very exciting near our hostel so we stayed in!





<3AnNa

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb