La Diabla gets a bath


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga
January 30th 2007
Published: January 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

La Diabla, that's Spanish for the she-devil, was smelling a little less than fresh this week, so we did the task all cat owners dread most: we gave the cat a bath. Though, in all honesty, I must admit that the normally ferocious Tea was more relaxed than other cats I've bathed. She only clawed me a little and didn't really freak out until I put her next to the space heater. She didn't know quite what to make of the big, scary white machine with metal grates and heat waves flowing out the top.

Aren't cats the cutest when they're wet? They get so confused by the water that they resort to their instinct to lick themselves clean...despite the fact that they already are. What goobers.

Anyways, we're adjusting to life with a kitten again. I'm beginning to feel like I live in a kitty foster home. First there was Tate. Small, dumb as a brick and water-loving. He lived in our tiny Brooklyn abode in fear of the wrath of The Can. (Advice to all owners of poorly behaved kitties: fill a tin can with a few coins, tape shut and shake when necessary. It's the easiest and scariest tool to classically condition a bad cat to be good.) Then there was our Christmas visitor, Ferdinand. Gray, poofy and with an adorable face that looks like it's been smashed against the wall. You might mistake him for a stuffed animal until you hear his raspy cat sound, "mraugh..." He's good people. After a torturous 2-week vacation with Tate and the automatic cat feeder, it's a surprise that he ever let me pet him again. The events of their solo time together we can never know for certain, but the broken coat rack and the clumps of gray hair near the bed left little to the imagination...

So now it's here in Málaga, with ample space for cat scratchers and litter boxes, that we find ourselves temporarily in charge of Tea- nuestra primera gatita española. She's smart. She's quick on her feet. And she's making us lose sleep. As of yesterday she has been permanently banned from the bedroom, not to be readmitted until her behavior improves. There will be no more middle of the night chapstick batting, water drinking (from Amber's cup) or dirty tissue removal from the garbage. Oh no. That has got to stop.

Before I bid you farewell, I will share one bit of top-secret travel blog gossip. Rumor on the street is that Saje will be making a guest appearance on the blog later this week. Perhaps some rugby photos are on the way. Shhh...

Advertisement



31st January 2007

Ohhhh my litte cat...
I miss her sooo much, *SNIF*. I hope she is not being a nuisance for you both, but the fact that you call her 'la diabla' seems to point that she is very kind and well-tempered. Wow, I didn't recognize Sage without her pointed hair, she looks so cute in this photo : ). I am enjoying this blog too mucho so keep on with this wonderful work!!

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb