New Year's Day


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Estepona
January 1st 2008
Published: January 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was a quiet today for all, especially for the kids. In the afternoon, Mark and Deb went out for a few hours while the kids relaxed around the Marriott.

We started in Benahavis where we walked around the small town which was quiet except restaurants which were open on New Year's Day. Deb liked the hanging poinsettias in the town and of course the Santas hanging outside several of the windows.

We decided we'd drive toward Estepona to have a drink outside in the sunshine. We stopped at Laguna Village which is just between the Marriott and Estepona. They have a Mai Tai Bar (Trader's Vic's) which was packed and then a cute beach restaurant with outside sofas and comfy chairs that Deb and I sat down for a drink. It was wonderful sitting in the beautiful sun enjoying a drink. We had a nice conversation with a couple from Amsterdam who comes to Marbella once every six weeks. Among the restaurants and shops at Laguna was a beach club with a pool and beach chairs. It was very strange to have this club in a very open spot like this. Evidently, it's popular for people to come to the beach club and then eat at the restaurants.

We continued on to Estepona and took a long walk on the boardwalk there. There were lots of people out for a walk on the holiday. We headed back to the Marriott and had a nice dinner at the restaurant there with the kids.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 57; dbt: 0.07s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb