Driving and...


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Córdoba
November 3rd 2011
Published: November 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Cute!Cute!Cute!

Our cute little rental...
Driving and driving and driving and driving…

That’s what we did all day today. We went from Tiedra, near Valladolid, to Lucena, near Cordoba. It took about 6.5 hours. Now, we didn’t reach our hotel for an additional 1.5 hours because the hotel is in a new area that our Nav System didn’t know. I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown… but we’re here, now, and it’s a nice place. Seems very much like a convention hotel.

That being said… we drove through some beautiful countryside. Some sweeping plains, some rolling hills. We saw earth and plants of so many colors. Sometimes there were patches of red earth, golden grass, green pines, yellow and amber trees. It was gorgeous. Throughout Castilla y Leon, there were also beautiful churches and castles all along the way.

Since I don’t have much more to tell you, I will tell you about driving in Spain. Firstly, my rental, the very cute Renault Clio, is not a bad drive and seems to be getting pretty decent mileage. We went 434 miles today on less than a tank of gas. The tank apparently holds about 11 gallons of gas. So, while gas is super expensive here (we’ve got it good in the US, really), the care gets about the same (possibly better) mileage than my Honda Insight.

The signs are mostly easy to follow, here, though there are still some questions on the table. But I think I’m doing OK.

The cool thing is that people leave the fast lane to fast drivers. The left-most lane is used SOLELY for passing. Whodathunkit?!?! So, you drive along, you stay in the right lane until you need to pass someone. That’s how everyone does it here on the Autopistas and Autovias (no idea what the difference is, really). It’s truly amazing.

This evening, we had a meal in the hotel restaurant. We feared leaving and getting lost again… sigh

Well, we’re here for two nights so we plan on checking out Sevilla tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb