Adventuras en Andulucía, España


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Córdoba
March 31st 2011
Published: March 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Casa UnoCasa UnoCasa Uno

The outside does not do justice to the interior.
I understand that the weather has totally sucked (Boise, ID) for the last week and a half while we were in sunny Spain. Gee…that´s too bad! We had a totally groovy time in Spain, weather-wise, culinary-wise, and otherwise. Beth and I had been planning our return to Spain for quite some time so we decided to go there for our spring break this year. We spent one week in the Córdoba region and two days in Madrid. Our good pal Jill May accompanied us. When I invited her this past fall she didn’t hesitate and said that she didn’t need to think about it and that she was “in.” I like enthusiastic travelers like that!
When one thinks of Spain, the pictures of flamenco dancing, bullfights, white villages, and Moorish architecture immediately come to mind. You are thinking of Andulucía. Our previous visit to Spain was to Barcelona which is really Catalunya and not really Spain. I won´t go into a lengthy explanation; it suffices to say that it is Catalan and not Spanish.
I rented a house in Las Pinedas. This is a very small village located about 25 kms from Córdoba on the road to Sevilla. You can see
The little plazaThe little plazaThe little plaza

In front of the house...did I mention the sunny days?
all the info on this place at anduluciauno.com if you suddenly get the fancy to go to Spain and have a desire to stay in a central location within easy reach of all the interesting Andulucian sights. It has quick access to the freeway and you can easily motor to the famous places in Córdoba, Granada, Sevilla as well as the beach towns such as Málaga.
We absolutely loved this place. It is a very nice house and is the ideal spot for the leisurely holiday. I really liked the layout of the house. Each bedroom has a bathroom. The bedrooms are comfortable and all except one open to the pool. It gives each person plenty of privacy. The kitchen comes fully equipped which is something I want because I like to cook and not eat out all the time.
It is the perfect holiday house. It comes with all the comforts and amenities. The owner provided free wi-fi and it has a laundry room. This is the nicest and most spacious house we have rented. I absolutely and positively recommend this place.
The housekeeper and her husband live right around the corner and will help with any problem that
Nearby churchNearby churchNearby church

Just in case I felt the need to attend mass.
may arise. She will also cook evening meals if one so desires. She is a fab cook, by the way. She prepared two meals for us and we were very pleased with the food. This is especially swell on when you first arrive and are wiped out by the travel day.
We stayed there for one week and that merely served to whet my appetite for the place. I could see myself there for a 3 week stay relaxing and doing leisurely tourista visits to the little villages in the region. The owner observed to me that one week was too short and that “A week is not really enough in this part of the world - the following Saturday comes round too quickly - leaving too many places unvisited, dishes uneaten and adventures incomplete.” Isn’t that a very nice bit of prose!
Sooo…we are thinking that a return visit is a must. We had been contemplating a visit to the Basque country, but that may be put off in favor of going back to Las Pinedas.
I will be posting additional highlights of our visit.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Evening viewEvening view
Evening view

of the plaza.
Good ol' boysGood ol' boys
Good ol' boys

The social hub of the village...so I headed there one evening.
Hay caracoles!Hay caracoles!
Hay caracoles!

There are snails. Jill gamely giving the snails a shot. Beth & I liked them...Jill, not so much.
The poolThe pool
The pool

The house is built around a pool. The house will sleep eight. Each room has its own loo...bonus!
Nice kitchenNice kitchen
Nice kitchen

Always a necessity because dining out all the time becomes monotonous.
A woodburning stoveA woodburning stove
A woodburning stove

just in case temperatures get a bit chilly.
View of the bedroomsView of the bedrooms
View of the bedrooms

The bedrooms all open to the pool. Nice.
Outdoor diningOutdoor dining
Outdoor dining

Right next to the pool...I especially liked that.
Terrace diningTerrace dining
Terrace dining

with handy bbq grill and awning. We did that one night.
Did I mentionDid I mention
Did I mention

that the weather was really nice?


Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0745s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb