Cordoba


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Córdoba » Villafranca De Cordoba
May 27th 2011
Published: June 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This is may be the first time in my life I did not wish for rain. I woke up with the noisy rain drops, hitting abruptly the glass shutter on the balcony. Out there, the weather looks completely soggy & murky. I hated to see the rain lashing down. A group of school kids are enjoying the rain at the school playground by splashing the muddy water at their colleagues. The more dark clouds begin rolling over each other above the skyscrapers. I witnessed that the sky could no longer bear the weight of these rainy clouds.

I sat back in my bed with both hands on my cheeks, began to think how far this rain can stretch from where we are.
We could not postpone the trip to Cordoba because our time was ticking fast. Luckily a friend who travelled in Portugal came to visit us and kindly offered to drive us with a hope of seeing the sunshine in Cordoba.

Unbelievable, we have dragged the rain all the way from Malaga to Cordoba. We had to settle down to a lunch table opposite the Mezquita.

While tasting a hot plate of paella, I kept murmuring how wonderful if it would be if we could see a glimpse of sunshine. By the time we left the restaurant, the rain has transformed into drizzle.
There is no best time to enter a building, other than just raining. We got our ticket after entering a 14th Century gateway Mudéjar. Córdoba’s gigantic mosque is an architectural hybrid – a real marvel. Here we stood like lifeless statues with wide-open mouthed and with goggled eyes. No doubt this is certainly one of the most significant mosques historically and architecturally in Islamic civilisation!



Additional photos below
Photos: 69, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb