Lazy days by the Lake


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
July 20th 2006
Published: January 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our holiday started in the world's largest maze - Venice. Some tourists had chosen to get maps, this only made things worse. They were lost, whereas we just didn't know where we were at any given time. We managed to stumble upon most of the the city's treasures including St Marks Square, the Lido and rubbish overpriced tourist restaurants.

We left Venice in a hire car and drove into Slovenia through beautiful mountain roads to Lake Bled. Situated just 40 minutes outside of Llubjiana (the capital) is a stunning lake famous for the church located on a little island in the middle. We set up camp at Camp Bled located on the banks of the lake with town a short stroll away. We swam out to the island in the middle of the lake to ring the bell - only to find you need to be dressed to go into the church so we missed out. We went rock climbing and best of all was canyoning in Bovec (unfortunately no photos as Nic forgot to get them saved to disk - oops!).

David didn't want to leave Lake Bled as it was very relaxing with lots of things to do. If you are thinking about a fun/relaxing camping holiday it will be hard to beat Lake Bled.

After leaving Bled (sigh) we checked out Llubjiana and then drove to the coast where we stayed the night at Piran. On the way to Piran we came across beautiful world heritage caves called the Skocjan caves.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb