Slovenia D8


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
September 16th 2013
Published: September 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 8 Hushrevica to Rakov Skocjan

Thank goodness today was a bit easier than yesterday. We did a steady run into Ajdovscina passing through some nice villages until we hit a supermarket to buy sandwiches for lunch. We then hit the old town centre and had a coffee and viewed the tiny Saturday market in brilliant sun, which we had not seen enough of this trip. Again the mountaintop had no place to eat so it was eaten sitting on a wall top. On inspection the village of Col only had a crummy bar with no food. Upon reaching the summit we headed down the mountain and hit the gravel after 1k for around 3k on reasonably graded gravel. Unfortunately John had a compression puncture on the foot of the gravel section which his friend Geoff repaired. We swooped down the mountainside, quite close enough to the Predjama Castle, but not close enough to tempt us to do extra mileage to see it. Eventually we came across a cafe selling pizzas, hot dogs and chips etc so an hour was spent here rebuilding our reserves before heading off down to Postojna and our final resting place at Rakov Skocjan at 5pm. The hotel was very nice with good rooms and showers and excellent food. Our evening meal consisted of a whole trout each plus all the trimmings – very nice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb