Vintgar Gorge


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola
July 25th 2013
Published: July 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Thursday July 25 – This morning when we woke up at 7am the weather was a little cloudy, but it cleared up quite nicely by the time we got the bus to Vintgar gorge at 9am. The gorge was part of a national park and it was beautiful. They built a wooden walkway to walk on next to the water and it was so scenic. The only problem was that it was super crowded. Everyone seemed to be there. I didn’t think it would be that bad, especially since there were only two buses a day from Bled, but there were many other tour buses crammed with people coming all day long apparently. The walkways were really crowded and everyone was stopping to take pictures while others tried to push by. It was so awkward. But we still enjoyed it. It took us about an hour to get to the other end, as we also stopped for many pictures. We walked a few minutes to a small waterfall, where we had some more nuts. We planned to hike a circular route to a church and then back to the bus, but we only had an hour and fifteen minutes, and we weren’t sure if that was enough time to get back to the only bus back to Bled. Or at least the only bus we knew about. So instead we walked back through the gorge. It was a little less crowded that time, but not much. I even saw someone walk past me with her cat in her hand bag, meowing. She then took the cat out of the bag (!) and was holding it. I’m not sure how that would work, but I know my cats would never be ok with it. The sun was coming down into the gorge by this time, so that was nice. It was striking just how cold it was to walk through the gorge compared to the areas just outside of it, like to the waterfall.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb