Lake Bled, Slovenia


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Bled
March 28th 2014
Published: April 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

"First, we had a 30 minute drive from Lake Bohinj to Lake Bled. Then when we got to our destination we took a little boat ride to a little island to see a church, a museum, and bell tower. The church was pretty cool because it had a rope that you pull to make the bell ring. At first I did it and it was hard. But then my dad did it and he did it perfectly. Then I tried and I did it. At the bell tower it was pretty cool because it had this little thing that showed how the bell tower worked and how it rung. At the museum, there were these dolls from all over Europe. We made a video that we were next to the dolls and I had to say which countries I had been to in Europe. Then there was another room with only SLovenian dolls. So my dad said 'have you been to Slovenia' the whole time we were in the room. Then we took the little boat ride back.

Then we went to Bled castle and we saw the beautiful view. We looked through a little telescope. Then we saw these
Lake BledLake BledLake Bled

Lake Bled Castle
little holes in the walls where a cannon would shoot the cannon balls. After that there was a little wine thing that I put the wine into the bottle and the cork on it. Then I dipped the top in wax and I signed the bottle. Lake Bled was pretty.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Daddy's Comments:

Only a 30 minute drive and we arrived at Lake Bled. One of my favorite lakes in the world. A beautiful small island, mountains and a really cool castle, who could ask for more. I had never been to the island, so when Sofia was excited about going, I was very glad. We contemplated taking a row boat there, but as it was going to be only me and her (Vitor did not feel like going) we decided to do the 1.5 hour boat tour. Only one other couple with small child on the boat with us and it was a beautiful slow ride over (no motors are allowed on the lake) We arrived at the island and went straight for the church. We were the only ones in it and Sofia was very excited that on the 3rd attempt she was able to ring the bell 3 times which was for good luck. We then climbed the tower and had an incredible view. We also visited the museum and Sofia loved that they had dolls from all over Europe. We had a lot of fun making the small video where she stated if she visited the country or not. Finally, we had a couple pieces of delicious local cake before taking the boat back and meeting Vitor at the restaurant.

Next stop was Bled castle . Love this castle as well and hard to pick which we liked better when compared to Predjama. Incredible view of the lake and the island and a nice museum. I think all of our highlight was the wine cellar where Sofia bottled a bottle of wine with a brown robed monk (okay unlike our trip in Burma, he was an actor, but he had a good sense of humor). It was fun. Sofia especially liked to try to write her name in a fancy calligraphy style.



_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

dfsdfsdf

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Bottling WineBottling Wine
Bottling Wine

Lake Bled Castle
Bottling WineBottling Wine
Bottling Wine

Lake Bled Castle
Bottling WineBottling Wine
Bottling Wine

Lake Bled Castle


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb