GOLF SLOVENIA-PART TWO


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Bled
December 29th 2008
Published: December 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

SUNDAY DINNERSUNDAY DINNERSUNDAY DINNER

A WONDERFUL AFTER GOLF DINNER
(excerpted from my book: Our Summer in Slovenia, amazon.com)

The golfing experience at the Bled Golf and Country Club is highly complemented by the facilities and service. Weather permitting Elysee and I had no finer Sunday than a round of golf beginning at noon followed by drinks and an early dinner on the patio. The menu is extensive, the service attentive but not obsequious. The cost was moderate compared with Western Europe and the wine, beer and after dinner cigars (Elysee passing on the cigar but enjoying the $5 Chivas.) and the dinner laid out in the patio cost us about $75 for the two of us.


Half liter of fresh beer to wash away the "oririble tirst" from the round just played. A shared appetizer of fresh tomatoes and mozzarella cheese, with a chilled glass of local wine. While watching the concluding matches from our oversight of the 18th green were were served a Chateaubriand for two with a bottle of Slovenian Refosk wine. We shared a desert of fresh mini-strawberries and iced cream. The meal concluded with a good old Johnny Walker Black and a Davidoff cigar for me and a Chivas for Elysee. I'll tell you friends it just doesn't get any better. Elysee and I sitting there together at the close of a magical afternoon, the shades of light and drifting clouds ever-changing the outward show on Mounts Stoh and Grappa in the distance, a warm spring-like breeze freshening the early evening...one of those moments you don't want to end because it will be so difficult to recapture.
The Bled Club and the wonderfully competent and friendly staff provided one of our more memeorable golfing experiences.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

GREENSIDE 18TH @BLEDGREENSIDE 18TH @BLED
GREENSIDE 18TH @BLED

WONDERFUL SETTING WITH MT. STOH IN BACKGROUND


Tot: 0.413s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb