Lake Bohinj


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Bohinj
July 24th 2013
Published: July 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday July 24 – We had plans to go to a nearby gorge today, but we woke up at 7am for the 9am bus to get there (there was one at 9am and one at 10am), and it looked like rain. We didn’t know what it was like exactly, but thought it would be a better experience with better weather, and since tomorrow looked better, we decided to hold off on the gorge for the next day. Instead we took tomorrow’s plan today and went to Bohinj lake instead. It’s about an hour away, and much bigger and not as touristy. We took the bus to the far end of the lake with the intention of walking the length of one side back to town where we could get the bus back to Bled. We got off the bus and then looked on a map to make sure where we were. There was a waterfall and we decided to walk up to see it. The path said it would take about 80 minutes to get there, but we hoped we could see the waterfall before that. We couldn’t. It was pretty forested and not going to happen. We so stopped and ate some nuts and then headed back down. We started to walk around the lake and took a lot of pictures of bugs on flowers. Then the thunder picked up and we picked up speed. But it started to rain and never stopped. When it was really heavy we waited for ten minutes under some trees, but otherwise I had my umbrella and Tina had her rain coat, so we just dealt with it most of the walk. When we got back to the town, we were going to stop for lunch but checked the bus schedule, and the bus was due in, so we decided to get on and head back to Bled. We stopped in our room and then headed out to Pizzeria Rustica to get some late lunch at 3pm. Tina had the Bled pizza, which had ham and mushrooms, and I had the Animal, which added peppers and sour cream to that. We went back to the room and spent the rest of the day and evening mostly relaxing. We booked a place to sleep in Zadar and spent a lot of time trying to find a place for Dubrovnik, which is incredibly expensive. We sent out some messages to people renting their apartments and we’ll make a choice tomorrow. We then watched the new Dexter. Tina fell asleep but I enjoyed it. Then we watched Beautiful Creatures and headed to bed. A good rainy day thing to do.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.402s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 35; qc: 110; dbt: 0.1863s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb