Slovakia / Batslavia , Budapest...


Advertisement
Slovakia's flag
Europe » Slovakia » Bratislava Region
September 16th 2012
Published: September 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

550 KMS on the bus today. We passed 3 borders along the way. We were lucky and not asked to stop at any of them. We took a break on the way to Budapest in the city of Batslavia where we had lunch on a terrasse. It was fun people watching as I ate. After lunch we strolled about marvelling at the different stores . I did not realize we would actually be in this country! It is bordered by Hungry, Austria, Cezch Rep. It is on the Danube River and has alot of Communist History. It did not join the Cezch Rep.

The bridge across the Danube river at this junction had a viewing tower above the span. Never saw this on a suspension bridge before.

Lots of activity as well on the river. Statues are everywhere honoring this one and that one. I even heard that there is a statue graveyard in Budapest! Lol.

We spent 1.5 hours in this city and then went on our way to Budapest. We arrived around 4PM had supper and then went out in the town at night to see the city lit up. Budapest likes the lights. Especially along the Danube. We meandered down to the waterfront where we met a glass playing musician. He was giving renitions of old classics like "The Lone Ranger" Remember that hit? Ha ha...

Today our second day we visited Budapest by day. Lots of different Squares, churches, and scenary to take in. Streetcars, everywhere but a lack of traffic. This city is not congested. Saw some working Trabants. Those (cardboard cars). Classics. Budapest is actually two cities, "Buda" and "Pest". Each across the Danube River from each other. Buda is hilly and Pest is flat. There is a huge underground in Budapest. History explains it. No time here but read about it. Cold War etc...

WE took a cruise along the Danube and had a lunch while sailing between the two cities. We passed a bus floating with passengers, I caught a pic of an old fat nudest on her balcony. 6th floor, by mistake" Cannot publish it" Yuch!.

Finished lunch around 2PM and we took a walk through Pest visiting the St. Stevens church and the marketplace. 3 hours later we hit the hotel and refreshed before going out again for a Goulash supper.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



19th September 2012

WOW
You've got the stamina of young people!! ;)

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb