San Marino


Advertisement
San Marino's flag
Europe » San Marino » San Marino
January 31st 2010
Published: January 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 31.1.210 day 109
San Marino
We had bfast and then drove to San Marino the third smallest country it is only 61 sq km and is 657 m above sea level when we where there is was snowing and there the whole place was covered in snow. We then headed off to Maranello the home of the Ferrari. The Ferrari factory is open 7 days a week and has a Ferrari museum that has the largest collection of Ferrari in the world. On the way it was snowing and the snow just got heaver and deeper in the road till we decided it was to dangerous to keep driving and stopped at the next hotel we found which just happened to be in the town of Imola there is a race track here which used to have the Moto Gp but they do not go to this track anymore. We are about 100 km from the Ferrari factory and close to the Mazarati factory. The place we are staying in said it had free interment but we could not get the wireless internet to work and we only have one internet cable so we have to use it one at a time. We have a baloney so we have the Curtains open watching the snow fall more and more we may have to be here another night if it keeps going like this. The room is fantastic has a spar and bfest is included so we are very happy to be safe inside. All the walls are decorated in cars it has free sky tv and there is a motorsport channel it is in Italian but it is fun to see bikes racing. We have booked in for a Ducati factory tour tomorrow and it is about 30 minutes drive from here so we hope the snow will ease up and the road will get ploughed so we can get to our tour tomorrow.




Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 20; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb