Karakolsky Lakes - the Cloud Factory of Altai Republic


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Siberia » Altai Republic
March 4th 2010
Published: March 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


This place is really hard to get to one, that's why it's unique. After 5-7 km of mounting hiking you will get to the marvelous seven-lakes valley framed with circus of the Iolgo ridge. Karakolsky Lakes have a glacier-tectonic origin. The lowest lake is situated at 1800 m above sea level, the highest one is at almost 2100 m, and it is considered to be healing... The higher the lakes are, the smaller and colder they get. The length o f the biggest lake is 440 m, and width is 350 m. Cold and pure streams are connecting all the lakes, giving the Sun no chances to warm the water up. There are just few types of water plants and no fish at all.
The best View point is the snowy top of the mountain circus. On the long way to the top there are breathtaking panoramas- never-ending mountain chains of Altai. One of the most mysterious places in Altai is "the Spirits Valley" - numerous small houses of spirits are magnificent motive for a picture. Undoubtedly, this one of the most powerful Energy Sources. Another "strong" place is the stone top of the circus. It's the highest point of the mountains, from up above there you can enjoy the panorama of gorgeous lakes. Alongside the lakes there is a fantastic footpath with the lakes on the one side and deep Taiga on the other and beautiful flora all around. The best day ending is resting at the Karakolsky Lakes enjoying the real Russian bathhouse, swimming in the 5th Lake and having delicious barbecue dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb