Relaxing in Deliciously Warm Pools


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Far East » Kamchatka
July 25th 2012
Published: November 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After much hiking, tenting and waking up early days we decide its time to take a small break.

So without much indecision we spend our last day in Kamchatka enjoying the thermal pools close to Nalcheyvo National Park.

The pools vary in temperature, and are completely adjustable by way of a hot water pipe that feeds directly from the nearby hot spring.

In no time we are all wrinkly and old people like.

Before leaving the pools I excitably spot milk in bag.

I'm no virgin to this concept having been introduced to milk in a bag by my good friend Nick.

Nick lives in Canada and apparently milk in a bag is a frequently enjoyed occurrence there.

This time I'm able to enjoy the delights of milk in a bag in the flesh. It's exciting and nerve racking at the same time but I definitely feel this is a grand moment in my history of existence.

We enjoy the milk in a bag and mum becomes cat lady for the cats of the hot pools.

In the evening we are met by our good friend Casha who takes us to the French and German memorials.

And the canons.

Oh the canons.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb