Sibiu Romania last stop


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Transilvania » Sibiu » Sibiu
July 18th 2014
Published: July 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We are of to Subiu for the last days in Romania. It was founded in the 1100. The large square as it is now was shaped in the 14th century. And some 15th century buildings are still looking beautiful. Here is also the Brukenthal palace museum. It shows paintings from Rubens, van Dijck and other masters. But.. No photos allowed. We stole s few of beautiful wall paper 300 years. It also shows some school reports of the 1730. They are huge and beautiful written. Our pension was another story. It quoted parking on side, well we drove into the street. Very tiny. Had to park on the footpath opposite. Liz was trying to get out of the car with the paperwork. We sat there for 15 minutes trying to open the car door. Hands waving but no one stopped. Finally I just opened the car door and someone hit our mirror and yelled at us. Lucky no damage. At the pension we were greeted Oh Hello. We asked where do we park? They called a guy, a great guy, to help with the suit cases. In all the commotion, we could not lock the car for Liz handbag was in the car. In there is the spare car key so the car would not lock. Oh Fun and games. The terrific guy took us to a protected car park near by. Now up the room. Two lots of stairs to the attic, with sloping walls on three sides. Oh well everything was sorted out. They contacted Booking.com, the parking was near and they shifted us to a stately furnished room with heaps of apologies. The staff were really lovely and helpful. The old town was within 20 minutes walking. There is a little bridge that connects the old city walls, called the liars bridge. Legend has it, that if you lie on the bridge about something, the bridge collapses. So many honest people- do you get it. The breakfast was a problem on the last day. The cook did not turn up. The receptionised said She would do it if it was not to complicated. Very Funny. We now leave Romania a beautiful country indeed, but not ready for tourism.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.492s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb