Lisbon, Portugal


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley
October 15th 2010
Published: October 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 4 Lisbon
With our friends we had arranged a private 4 hour mini bus tour with Inside Lisbon Tours. Our tour guide Hugo picked us up from the quayside, as we only had a small van we were able to see the best of Lisbon and get to the places the bigger coaches could not reach.

Hugo told us of the history of Portugal, and the significance of each site, painting not only a picture of Lisbon but giving us a great insight to Portugal’s colourful history.

We were able to adjust the tour to suit as the day went along, Hugo was flexible and intuitive enough to fit the tour to suit our group, from visiting the best lookout over the city to sampling chestnuts and cherry liquor in the old town.

At the conclusion of tour Hugo pointed out the best place to buy the local delicacies, custard tarts, which proved to be delicious. Our group had a leisurely late lunch sitting in one of the beautiful plazas enjoying fresh seafood before boarding the QE. We visited so many interesting sites we thought we would let the pictures tell the story.



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.336s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1112s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb