Queijadas de Sintra


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Sintra
April 27th 2008
Published: April 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Went to Sintra yesterday. A 35 Mins train journey from the Rossio station took me to the Sintra station. From the Sintra station we took a 2 way hop ticket for the bus #434, which took us to the Pena park and palace. The palace is on a hill and park around the palace.

After visiting the palace we had long walk inside the park. The map given at the entrance was helpful. You just need to follow the map. The walk inside the park is so good. Lot of trees and quite surroundings. You can have perfect romantic walk. The usual tourist crowd comes to the palace and goes back.

After an hour of walk we reached other entrance of the park. The entrance to the Moors castle is few meters away from this gate of the park. The castle is built of rocks and climbing to the top of the castle gives good spots to view.

Back to #434 bus stop in front of the castle entrance, where we had to wait an hour to get the bus. There was a huge crowd and we were able to get into the 4th bus only.

We got down at the Sintra village on the way back where we had a late lunch. The National Palace right down the Sintra town. We skipped it. We spend some time in the Sintra town and walked to the railway station. It is just 5 mins from the Sintra town.

On the walk to the station we took a packet of Queijada from a lady in the street. It is too yummy and having it while writing this…


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb