Beach Days in Albufeira Portugal


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Albufeira
May 9th 2014
Published: May 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The last two days in Portugal we spent enjoying the beach and the resort pool.

We have seen a lot of the southern part of Portugal known as the Algarve region.

We have learned the beaches are popular places for people from the U.K.to come for their holidays. They seem to love to bake in the sun and become as red as lobsters. The men like to wear tight skimpy swimsuits. It is as if they bought one suit when they were 10 years old and continue to wear the same suit at 60 no matter how much they have grown over the years. And the women seem to buy only bikinis no matter how young or old or small or large, that is if they wear a top at all! Oh, the sights we have seen on the beach.

The weather here is warm most of the year only getting down in the 60's during the day in the winter. The humidity is only in the 60's. So it is no wonder the people from the cooler parts of Europe and the U.K. find this area so attractive.

We enjoyed our exploration into the countyside. It is just a few kilometers inland to get to the country a few miles from the beach. And the vistas we saw were spectacular.

The towns have their narrow, winding, cobblestone streets and houses and buildings that are built right up to the edge of the sidewalk and in some places the roads.

We enjoyed our time in Portugal but it is time to move on. Spain here we come!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb