Off to Portugal


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Albufeira
May 3rd 2014
Published: May 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Another travel day--but this one went off without a hitch. Again the key to the success of the day depended on José the taxi driver. Sure enough he showed up on time, got us to the bus station, and gave us several bits of advice. What a great guy.

When we got on the bus the people behind us greeted us (in English). We had spoken with them briefly in Seville and it turns out that they were also on the cruise ship. They had several suggestions for us for Italy and also for our visit to Seville. But they talked the whole way so we didn't get to see much of the scenery. However their information was valuable and we will see the sights on the way back next week.

So we are in Portugal for a week using up one of our timeshare weeks in the resort town of Albufeira. The resort is beautiful with a huge pool, a waterslide, and located on the beach. A great place to relax--like we need to relax!! Ha! This is such a tough life.

Just a note--we have been able to make a few phone calls via Skype. What an amazing thing to be able to call to the other side of the world for free. Another reason to think it is a small world after all.

Advertisement



4th May 2014

Home
We finally got back home after 2500 miles (can't keep up with you). We love reading your blog and hearing all about your travels and seeing the pictures. It sounds like you are having the trip of a lifetime, we are so happy for you. Love and safe travels to you both.
5th May 2014

how wonderful!!
Wish we were there following you guys along, maybe some day!!! looks like wonderful places to stay and beautiful beaches!! it was great talking to you on Skype the other day, that was cool, call again when you get the time,,, I think you called mom today, but she did not get the phone in time, we were all at the Rimrock with the Colemans:-) mom is having a good time with them, it is nice to see them all again, too bad families have to get old before they put their differences aside and just appreciate everyones differences and be glad they are family! but better late than never!!! Well, take care and have a great time!
5th May 2014

Great Trip
Three months isn't going to be nearly long enough!
5th May 2014

Jose
I hope Jose got a good tip...and I don't mean brilliant advice! Isn't it great to find helpful people along the way? The pictures are wonderful. Keep 'em coming!

Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb