IN KRAKOW


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland
May 18th 2012
Published: May 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

What an adventure. So tired from the jet lag. Our Polish taxi driver did not speak English- good thing dad was there to interpret. We ended up at the apartment complex- with no way in and no key. We were on the cell phone of the driver for over 30 minutes trying to figure out how to get in. I did email from Frankfurt but did not recieve the email for the owner (who als did not have my contact information) because I did not have internet access. Finally they got a hold of someone who said they would be down in 30 minutes to meet us. In the mean time we were waiting on the side of the street, with our luggage and it was getting dark. We were hungry and cold. WE had no Polish money so we couldn't even call anyone on a payphone. I found a hotel down the street and was just about to see about a room for the night when a lady named Malika showed up. We had been huddled under a peep show/glory hole sign and I was starting to wonder if we had been set up by some scammers and they were going to charge the Credit card for the entire week or drive by and rob us!



Found a great resteraunt! They didn't have much room for us, but found a place in the back next to the performers. I had Wild boar! Cheap.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb