Salima's story


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Pomerania » Malbork
August 27th 2009
Published: August 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

part of..part of..part of..

Malbork Castle
Malbork Castle, 23-07-2001.

I slowly walk the cobble-stoned narrow streets of Malbork Town with the looming shade of the Malbork Castle above me, a Teutonic strong-hold of times past and nowadays a prime tourist destination for people the wolrd over - my ears besieged by a multitude of languages...though most of my attention is on Salima, Miss Gipsy Magician's grand daughter who is explaining the Gipsy Plight to me...

Salima grew up in a small gipsy community near the Bulgarian/Turkish border where they were the frequent victims of Turrkish speaking Bulgarians who themselves were repressed by non-Turkish speaking Bulgarians...a never ending feud with both sides as poor as church rats...young Turkish speaking Bulgarian females selling their young bodies to the "enemy" for a as little as a tooth brush in the nearby town of Burgas.

About their trip to Poland straight through gipsy unfriendly Eastern Europe, corrupt border officials and small local boys throwing stones at their beaten-up caravans with their parents applauding them on, shops and gasoline stations on the way being mystriously out of supplies, hostile hungarian police and farmers with shotguns in Southern Poland.

About the cold of the last Polish winter trying to spent the freezing nights in cars and caravans whose batteries hardly ever worked, dirty toilets that the camping owner refused to cleans and showers whose water piping had sprung due to exposure...

"Schnell wenn die Grenze geöffnet sind, können wir in Deutschland wohnen, die Leute da werden uns nicht hassen und uns Social hilfe geben...", Yeah, I got it...when the borders open we will be welcome in Germay and get the Social Dough...

I'm flabbergasted by her backward mental processes - a bit like the simple logic of undereducated Thai females who where so happy to throw themselves into my willing Farang arms last winter when I had money in the pocket and was content enough to spent it on the honey...

This young gipsy lady is quite different though staring proudly into the world with determined eyes that betray her mistrust to the outside wolrd but as certain of her predictions as her grand mother was last night when she told me I would die in Asia after a "fruitfull" life of fathering countless children in a multitude of exotic countries...

Hehehe, thanks for your believe in my male prowess Grand Mother,. I will therefore refrain from shattering your protegée's Grand Dream.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb