Chopin


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
May 21st 2012
Published: May 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We had a wonderful little breakfast on the square this morning and then proceeded to Wawel castle. I intended to visit the tombs and the tower but those tickets were not on sale until 12:30PM perhaps I can visit the attraction on my way back in a couple of weeks.



Dad and Uncle Frank toured the armory at Wawel castle (ancient swords, armor, etc) and Karen, mom and myself took a trip down the cave to the lair of the dragon. This is the legendary Dragon of Krakow defeated by a shoemaker.



We then took a boat ride down to the river on the Wisla. It was very warm today at least 80 degrees.



We attended the Chopin piano concert in the Bonerowski Palace. About 70 in attendance for an intimate performance by a very talented young man. It was quite magical.
We had a glass of wine at intermission and Mom bought a Chopin CD. We took the alligator skinned elevator down the lobby after the performance and we were lucky enough to meet the Pianist and take a photo with him.



Back to the square for a lovely dinner on a bustling night. Quite a long day and a memorable one. I wish Sonia and the girls were here to enjoy it with us.

I will be visiting the archives tommorow for a search on a few relatives. Wish me luck!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

PiwoPiwo
Piwo

Beer on the boat ride
CamelotCamelot
Camelot

A few cocktails before the performance
13861386
1386

King of Lithuania and Queen of Poland - 500 year commemorative- this made Poland very large and powerful.


21st May 2012

Ancient and memorable parts of Poland
Great pictures of some old sections of Poland; I really enjoy the variety of old Poland, and also your interest in Chopin's music!
21st May 2012
Pianist

Is this all still in Krakow? interesting sites your visiting. Did you think of me when you were at the concert? considering we saw a Chopin concert here too, probably not like the one there, right?.

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb