Clean Clothes at Last


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
September 14th 2007
Published: September 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We woke and spent a while arranging our bags in actual daylight. We checked our bags into left luggage at the hostel, settled the bill and went out to find a stylus.

We walked all the way to the mall by the train station to a shop called Saturn. This is a technology geek’s paradise; I could picture some of Rob's friends moving in. They have everything and anything to do with computers; however they were sold out of styluses.

We caught the train from Warsaw central station. We were in a rather crowded compartment and on the whole the journey was a lot less enjoyable than previous ones! The carriage had four other people in; one who had music on extremely loud and was some banarl trance beat, another who just stared straight forward for 5 hours and the other two were more normal.

In the station there were adverts for loads of different hostels and some hostels even had stands, towards the exit there was a board with dozens of hostels on. This we had never seen before. Once in Krakow we followed our roughly sketched map, notated from the internet, towards the hostel. We skirted the old town and saw some beautiful buildings and everywhere was full of life; people were everywhere and all seemed to be enjoying themselves. We slowly moved away from our good map into the unknown. The area seemed to get worse and we agreed to find somewhere else from the railway station if we didn't like the hostel, this we didn't need to do.

The hostel was bright and clean with friendly helpful staff. We were actually shown round the hostel which was a welcome change. Once we were in and settled we got a wash on (for free!) and set off back towards old town.

Krakow is as beautiful as Warsaw is impressive. As we approached the main square from one of the side streets we were overwhelmed by the liveliness of the place. In the main square there was a last evening of a festival taking place. We walked around the outside of the square trying to find somewhere to eat so that we could hear the music. Everywhere was too expensive or not serving food that late. We did find a cheap steakhouse and sat outside till the music finished at which point I was so cold that we moved inside. We did have some hot spiced beer to warm us up though.

We walked back to Seventh Heaven hostel a long way round so as to soak up a bit of atmosphere and see a bit of the city at night. The hostel was a bit on the cold side, so we both had showers and then dived into bed. It is nice to have a room and a bed to ourselves, we even got undressed with the lights on, how novel.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



21st September 2007

Star shaped bread is AMAZING no wonder rob is happy id have been well chuffed! x

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb