Visit to Vevang - July 10


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
July 13th 2010
Published: July 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We took another drive out to Vevang to look over the community and the fishing docks a little more, While driving past the Vevang house we saw the owner was in the yard and we stopped to talk to her. Her husband came out and we introduced ourselves to them, telling them that Warren's great-grandfather and grandfather had lived in that house. Their names are Osa and Orild Noss ((no relation) and they invited us in to see the house which they had purchased 5 years ago. They have worked very hard at restoring it and are planning to open it as a Bed and Breakfast by 2011. They have done a really great job. Warren brought out some pictures he had taken in Vevang when he visited in 1955 and also some old photos of his grandparents. Arild disappeared and soon came back with a cigar box of some old pictures he had saved from the previous owner who was a Vevang. One of the pictures was an original wedding photo of Warren's grandparents and a photo of Warren's great-grandfather which he gave to us to keep since they were of Warren's family, not his. As we were leaving, Osa and Arild insisted that we stop for coffee on Monday when we go to Kristiansund. This day was probably the highlight of or trip and it was so meaningful to Warren to see Vevang and his grandfather's home 55 years later.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Osa and Arild NossOsa and Arild Noss
Osa and Arild Noss

Inside of Vevang House
Eide HouseEide House
Eide House

Warren stayed with the Eide family in Vevang in 1955


24th July 2010

So Cool!
What a great day that must have been to see and learn so much family history. It's fun reading your blog and seeing your pictures!

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb