Haugesund -Bergen


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
June 18th 2009
Published: June 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

18.6.09
On our way to Skudeneshavn we lost our map overboard, so we had to put all our trust in the GPS.
When we reached Skudeneshavn it was like driving through a floating town. The houses we past where placed almost on the water, and it felt like we moored up in the town square.
Most of the houses where white, and they all looked like where painted in a hurry.

We went to a beautiful forest park, were the path led up to a view on top. From there we could see parts of town and the place were we sailed in.

The next day we carried on to Haugesund, but as we got close to the harbor, our motor failed. We then had to raise our sail and call up the harbor-office on the VHF. There they explained where we could fill diesel, they also called up the statoil station to tell we were coming in by sail. When we arrived, there were to guys standing on the pier to help us. It was quite exciting, since we never have tried to go in under sail before. I was at the helm, while Jorgen threw the rope to the guys, for them to tighten and fasten. We filled up the tank, but still the motor wouldn´t start, so Jorgen change the filter and finaly we could continue in to the guest harbour.

At a bookshop in town they had a large selection of maps, so we bought back the map we lost, and some others we needed for the rest of our trip to shetland. Later the same day, we sailed to Rosendal. The closer we got, the bigger the mountains grew, and the more bewitching the nature around us got.

We ended the night with a sunsetdrink on deck in Rosendal, surrounded by high mountains.

Right after breakfast we got on our bisycles and saw a bit of the town, and the Barony. But we had to sail on. So many places to visit and so little time.
We vistited "furebergfossen", a waterfall that we almost could stick our bow in to. We moored up in Sundal and brought out our bicycles again, this time we wanted to visit the Glacier, and made our way up the mountain. On our way, we met some sheep and lambs and dipped our feet in a mountain stream. Finally at the top we were greeted by a crystal lake at the foot of the glacier, and a stunning view. The trip up took more than hour, and the trip down was close to ten minutes.

After the bicycle trip, we got on the boat and did a night sail to Bergen, were we arrived at 02:30.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



4th July 2009

lovely pictures
the barony is beautiful!I like the nature there!

Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb