Here in Norway.


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Bergen
July 22nd 2013
Published: July 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Pam and Warwick in NorwayPam and Warwick in NorwayPam and Warwick in Norway

We went up on the condole to the top of Mt Ulriken. Spectacular views over to whole of the Bergen area.
Hello from Norway. We are here again on our annual visit to catch up with Chris and all his Norwegian family. This time of course we have Warwick and Pam with us so we can show them a bit of life here. It is always good to arrive and catch up with the kids and settle into some family time while also getting out to discover a few new things. In the 4 days that Warwick and Pam were here we managed to get to see the sights of Bergen and also get into the mountains and fjords so they could get an idea of the beauty of Norway. We have had the usual mixture of weather, but as I write this I am sitting on Chris and Heges deck just after 10.30 at night watching the sun go down and it is still very hot after a couple of very hot days. It is meant to remain like this for the rest of the week at least. Catching up with Rune and Lillen, Heges parents, is always good and a couple of evenings spent at their house, and then a day out at the cabin, have been great fun.
A good reason A good reason A good reason

Rune and Lillen, a good reason to come to Norway to visit. On their deck at home.

Now I must say that being this far away from good old Wellington with all the shaking that has been going on has been very very difficult. Not as difficult as being there, but not knowing what is happening was quite strange. I understand that it sounds that things have settled down a bit but our thoughts are with all our family and friends and we hope that all is well. Also to everyone at K&S who read this blog, I hope all is well with you and that things can return to normal after your unexpected day off. Our house has been checked by Tony and Sarah and only a couple of things broken. Must have been a hell of a shake.

I will catch up again soon . Pip/Rod


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

The Best reasons.The Best reasons.
The Best reasons.

Chris of course, with Stella. The best reasons for our travels to Bergen are Chris Hege Lilly and Stella. It is always so good to see each other.
THe Worlds Best Cake.THe Worlds Best Cake.
THe Worlds Best Cake.

Lillen produces this every time we visit. It is incredible. A very good reason to visit norway.
Beautiful settingBeautiful setting
Beautiful setting

Out on the deck at Rune and Lillens, looking over the fjord.
Come for a light meal and drinks.Come for a light meal and drinks.
Come for a light meal and drinks.

We arrive and are served a fantastic meal out on the deck in beautiful sunshine with magic wines and conversation. A magic evening.
More food.More food.
More food.

More food and wine with lots of talking.
The best reasons.The best reasons.
The best reasons.

Hege with Lilly and Stella. Along with Chris the best reasons for us to visit Norway. Amazing to catch up.
We are in Norway.We are in Norway.
We are in Norway.

Up in the mountains at one of the hundreds of lakes in a beautiful area on the way to a fjord to take the ferry to another town.
Stalhein Hotel.Stalhein Hotel.
Stalhein Hotel.

The picture dosn't show it properly but this view is absolutely breath taking. It drops away below were we are sitting into the valley below.
Out on a Fjord.Out on a Fjord.
Out on a Fjord.

Warwick and Pam on deck catching the views.
Lilly.Lilly.
Lilly.

Now six and growing all the time.
Stella.Stella.
Stella.

Now two and very very active.
The last meal.The last meal.
The last meal.

Out on the deck for our last meal together with Pam and Warwick before they head for San Francisco. A fantastic trip.
GoodbyeGoodbye
Goodbye

See you back in NZ. Had a ball and enjoyed every moment.


24th July 2013

Lovely pictures
Rod Great to see the lovely pictures on your blog and the beautiful scenery etc. You picked a good time to be out of NZ. It wasn't that bad, looking back, but it seemed pretty scary at the time. I didn't get any breakages at home but remember watching stuff sliding off shelves and my gin & tonic (Sunday evening treat!) sloshing around in the glass. I was terrified some would get spilt! Have a great time, Nick

Tot: 0.325s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 20; qc: 92; dbt: 0.1204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb