OSLO


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Oslo
July 16th 2013
Published: July 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The Ballet and Opera CentreThe Ballet and Opera CentreThe Ballet and Opera Centre

An amazing building you can walk all over it
Docked 10a.m.right on the edge of the city centre, overlooking Akershus Fortress and Castle, walked over 14km today - another great city to walk around - bit dull and a few spits of rain but great for walking, top of 22 degrees. First stop was Vigeland Sculpture Park - acres and acres of stone, iron and bronze sculptures depicting a complete human life from birth to death - interesting?? Then to the Palace through very leafy suburbs - bit like Toorak - with lots of embassies scattered throughout the green tree areas - saw their changing of the guard - no security here - a lot more low key than we have seen. Saw Holmenkollen - the huge cradle used for Olympic ski jumping in 1952. Back through the city centre to Oslo Cathedral, then to the National Ballet and Opera Centre - a huge amazing big white building on the edge of the water, made of white marble!! The people here love their boating, loads of boats around all the waterways. Very expensive city, I think the most expensive in Europe, $1.50 for a twinkle so you wouldn't want to have a bladder problem! But there's always Macdonalds!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

SCULPTURESCULPTURE
SCULPTURE

So many bodies!
VIGELAND PARKVIGELAND PARK
VIGELAND PARK

more bodies
GRAND BUILDINGSGRAND BUILDINGS
GRAND BUILDINGS

Walking through the burbs
NEAR THE TOWN HALLNEAR THE TOWN HALL
NEAR THE TOWN HALL

Lovely buildings
WATERWAYSWATERWAYS
WATERWAYS

boats everywhere
WATERWAYSWATERWAYS
WATERWAYS

One of many museums and fantastic designs


17th July 2013

Hi John and Gloria as We can see You are having time of Your life and bit of a good news We are off to EU and Croatia ( dads much better ) just for 5 and half weeks so if You are in neighbourhood please drop in :-))
18th July 2013

oslo
what no food and drink in oslo- whats happening!!!!! love to read and see photos of the trip, went to poons tonight with Lee-anne, Jack & Rod - yum yum - all good news with the last cut of Doug's back.
18th July 2013

oslo
what no food and drink in oslo- whats happening!!!!! love to read and see photos of the trip, went to poons tonight with Lee-anne, Jack & Rod - yum yum - all good news with the last cut of Doug's back.
19th July 2013

hey guys are you getting my messages xx

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb