Back in Rotterdam august 6 and 7 2011


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » South Holland » Rotterdam
August 14th 2011
Published: August 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It must have been a terrible summer in the Netherlands thus far. Everyone is so white. We are sitting in the train from Nijmegen to Rotterdam. It is a beautiful new train. Even wifi is aboard. Unfortunely graphitimakers have found their way here already. I am afraid the Dutch have the worst graphitimakers in the world. Nowhere in the world you see such a lack of phantasy. It is cold and it is raining.

When we arrive at the Central Station we see Robin, my son. The last time we saw eachother was in Chili a half year ago. And then we see next to him also Majorie, my daughter. We thought her to be in Dubai. The last time we saw eachother was in Syria, about 11 months ago. It is a big surprise to see them both here.
Together we walk to the Witte de Withstraat. It is the same route we took one year ago, but then in opposite direction. Then we started from cafe restaurant Zadkini. Now we are there again. Hans the barkeeper is there, like one year ago when we left. We drink beer to celebrate our little reunion and to celebrate that we are back again. We travelled during one year, saw East Europe, West Asia, Africa and South America. We have done it.

When we leave Zadkini we look upwards, to the house where we used to live. It is not our house anymore. We walk along the National Architecture Institute, where Linda and I have married. Facing the NAi is a new parkinggarage. It was not finished yet when we left. Now it is. Hans calls it the ´Blunderput´.

The night we spend in Robin´s house. For the first time since more than a year we eat herring. Robin opens the bottle of red Malbec wine, he bought in Argentina.

So here ends the travelblog of our trip. It has been viewed more than 5000 times. We like to thank everyone who followed us.Thank you for all your messages, comments and mails. It was a big support for us while being out there.

Majorie will go to Dubai again the day after tomorrow. Robin will stay in the Netherlands. And we will go to Slovakia tomorrow, where we will stay till the end of september. In october we will come back to the Netherlands for some time. We will keep this travelblog just to inform our family and friends where we are.

See you later.

Linda and Andre





Advertisement



20th August 2011

Welcome back!
Beste Andre, Linda, Welkom terug! Het was leuk om jullie blog te volgen! Hoop jullie snel weer te zien. Andre, haal je drumstel maar uit de mottenballen? Groetjes, Arjen.

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb